Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A New Day

So, I have been working to lose weight since January. So far I have lost almost 20 pounds. I am aiming to lose another 2o. I am a little frustrated though because I have reached a plateau and I have been at the same weight for what seems like two months now. The good news is that I have not gained weight. The bad news is that I have not lost weight. The way that I have lost weight is by good ole fashioned eating better and exercising. I rotate between walk aerobics and pilates. I also ride my bike when it is nice outside. My body shape has drastically changed as I have toned up, built muscle and lost fat. I'm falling out of my old clothes. Just this past weekend I was fitting into size 12 clothes (from a size 16)! I have to buckle up again on my food portions. I have really let go and not been so intention on controlling what I eat. I have been really good at choosing "good for me" foods like whole grains, fiber and fruit. Those are all foods that I like anyway so it hasn't been too hard. I've also been drinking water only at home and diet soda as a treat if I dine out. Dr. Phil said, "If you choose the behavior, then you choose the consequence." Well, I know that is not an original thought on his part but I have been helped by that phrase. At least I'm owning up to my food behaviors. Yesterday was not a good day for me. I had so many food cravings and I allowed myself to be controlled by them. I was not feeling well and pigged out. Actually, when I looked back on my food journal, the damage was not as bad as I had imagined. But it was outside of the normal range of control that I generally keep over my food choices. So, that is enough about food right now...its making me hungry!



http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10731;131;0;0/c/-18.59/t/-37/k/8287/weight.png

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home